Social Media Optimization (SMO) for Santa Barbara County Businesses
Social media optimization (SMO) was originally designed to drive traffic from social media sites such as bookmarking sites and social networks. However, SMO is now significantly more important and not simply because social networking has grown but because SMO also improves SEO performance. Good SMO will drive traffic from both direct social site referrals and from search engines. Because of this Social Media Optimization is a must in todays world. FaceBook, Twitter, Linked-In, Google Plus+ & YouTube are the major ones that we will be focusing on. In addition, good SMO makes it easy to do Digital Marketing Campaigns later because we can target your site visotors directly whom are already warm leads.
The 7 Steps To improve Your Social Media Optimization (SMO)
- Reputation - build your reputation as a reliable qualified source
- Engagement - encourage more engagement, sharing & reciprocate
- Authority - become a notable authority in your field of expertise
- Leadership - harness originality & creativity, be a Thought Leader
- Social - be social, find and engage sociable experts in your field
- Media - know your social media platforms to maximize influence
- Optimization - improve technical aspects to increase optimization
These seven steps provide a good benchmark against which you can assess and plan your current SMO activity.